August 31, 2012

August 2012 Yays & Nays

Can you believe it's almost September? Time flies so fast! I'm really excited because as you might know I'm moving to Portugal next week :-) I'm also so scared because I can't say a word in Portuguese but who cares :-) I'm also really excited because I'm going to London next week and I can't wait to do some shopping over there :-)


Now it's time for my August 2012 Yays & Nays




1. Korres Pomegranate Moisturising Cream-Gel



I bought it because I've run out of a cream and it was on sale. It is dedicated to oily skin but I personally think it doesn't work well. It leaves a very thin but still visible layer on face and doesn't matte my skin at all. I use it as a night cream because it smells nice and moisturizes. Yay/Nay

2. Sephora Fresh Gloss

It has a strong smell of mint which I don't like but besides that I love it! It mouisturizes my lips and gives a very subtle hint of color. It also give the wet lips effect. Yay

3. Sephora Flashy Liner Waterproof



Wow! The weather in Poland has been so crazy lately (so hot:/) and it lasts whole day long without smudging. I love it! Yay

4. Neal's Yard Remedies Honey&Orange facial scrub




First of all, I hate its smell but it's a personal thing - I hate honey. But I decided to give it a chance because it has great reviews. It's great!!! It is really harsh so I use it only for my t-zone but usually I had to use a scrub twice a week and this one I can use once a week. After that my skin is so gentle! I love it! Yay

5. Estee Lauder Night Advanced Night Repair Serum


I've read many reviews before I bought it because it wasn't too cheap. Some people hate it because it gives them breakouts and some people love it. I used three samples before I bought the full size. I have some tiny wrinkles (booooo) and they are really less visible. I've been using it for two weeks and my face looks more radiant and smooth. Totally yay! But be sure to use some samples before purchasing it. Yay

6. Benefit They're Real Mascara

Oh I don't like it.. It doesn't make anything with my eyelashes but it has good reviews so maybe it isn't just good enough for me.. Nay

7. Maybelline The Colossal Volum Express Waterproof Mascara

Love-hate relationship. It is a great mascara! I bought a waterproof version because I've read that the regular one isn't good for people with oily skin. and this one isn't as well.. It smudges a lot, leaves on my brownbones and don't even try to cry wearing it because it won't be waterproof (I tried it and don't recommend). But on the other hand I've never had so long eyelashes before... Yay/Nay

And to let you know.. my MacBook is broken (again!) so I won't be able to visit your blogs for a while..

45 comments:

  1. Oh same here! Don't like the Benefit They're Real. Regret buying it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post, It's really helpful <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww too bad about your computer! Hope it get fixed soon!
    Nice empties! Too bad about the Korres gel-I want to try that one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too bad about your computer, hope it gets workin' soon!

    I really want that eyeliner, that colour is so so pretty! Too bad about the Benefit mascara - I've really heard mixed reviews..

    By any chance if you have facebook could you please help me win my competition by clicking the "HELP ME WIN" link bellow? I really need help and I would so appreciate you lending a hand! =)

    xoxo Bree
    The Urban Umbrella

    HELP ME WIN!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this post, great reviews and so helpful! :)

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish we could see some of the products on you!
    Material Fixations

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks so adorable! I really like the simplicity and your sense of style is great! Please check out my new post, I think it´s similar to your style!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You save me from buying They're real!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks so adorable! I really like the simplicity and your sense of style is great! Please check out my new post, I think it´s similar to your style!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely post.
    http://xtheperfectmess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey there.. lovely to knw that u have a fun filled coming weeks.. enjoy! :)

    Thank you for your wishes on my earlier post:)

    Maybe you have time see my New post- Coco Fashion

    Join my BIRTHDAY GIVEAWAY on my blog,by Prodigy Red~ Win a sexy jersey dress ENTER HERE

    Love
    Akanksha

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanks for your tips dear, very useful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. nice makeup collection.Sorry about your computer
    -The Electric Heart Girl

    ReplyDelete
  14. Similar feelings of love-hate relationship with Maybelline Mascara!Your review is so interesting and informative !!Love

    Following you,,,follow back to keep in touch through comments!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would say the korres is a NAY it really does not work at least for me! Could you please consider fllowing each other? www.shineonbyandrea.blogspot.com Twitter: @shineonbyandrea www.youtube.com/user/shineonbyandrea
    Pinterest: shineonbyandrea

    ReplyDelete
  16. to sa super produkty! wow! Benefit maskara tez mnie nie oczarowala. dla mnie ten efekt jest marny i nie pogrubia moich wimpern.
    a szkoda!
    pozdrowionka :) & buziaki

    ReplyDelete
  17. I feel the same about Maybelline mascara:it provides the false lashes effect but then it drops dry pieces on your cheeks during the day. Have a nice trip, stay in touch (when you recover your pc!)xo Coco

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love Maybelline The Colossal Volum Express Mascara, but no waterproof one and it works well!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Really? The mascara "They're Real" is in your "NOT list"? I've heard many good things about it :/ thanks for your opinion, it's important to know different points of view, about make up in a special way :) Mina.
    THE STYLE FEVER: BLOG | FACEBOOK | BLOGLOVIN

    ReplyDelete
  21. Caise, Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair is my ultimate fav of all time.

    ReplyDelete
  22. great things dear!!love Estee lauder!!
    xoxo and have a nice day=)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I just started using Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair, and it's been working out great on my skin so far. I used Idealist before and I really love that too!

    ReplyDelete
  24. great post
    thanks for the information
    http://glamorousgirlblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. great post love!! thanks for sharing your yays and nays :))

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks for your comment :)
    Nice post, I love all the make up ahah
    Do you want follow each other?

    ReplyDelete
  27. So cool that the Estee Lauder Night Advanced Night Repair Serum works in reducing the looks of wrinkles!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. You are moving to Portugal? It's so cool!! Good luck with everything!!!! I have been meaning to try out the Estee Lauder serum but I've been a little hesitant since it's been met with such mixed reviews. Good to hear that it's working well for you.

    Liz
    chewylove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. great to hear that the Estee Lauder works on you! Such an expensive skincare but it's all worth it when you feel the effect :D

    ReplyDelete
  30. have a nice trip! i wish i can visit the london in the near future! the flashy liner waterproof is perfect for a party!

    www.julieannlozada.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Que productos tan buenos!! :D

    Besiitos desde amayaT.!
    www.amayat.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. love ur yay/nay list.
    oh i love Maybelline mascaras, they are really good and not so expensive.
    but i never try the waterproof version, i'll have that in mind.

    xo

    asteria-sparkle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi dear!! Thanks for your comment:)
    Have fun!!!
    kisses
    http://sketchofthetrend.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  34. Awesome post..thanks for the comment on my blog:)

    nishalooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. always love your post
    you always have new things to share,
    i love this mascara and always use it

    xo
    www.jiglycious.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. Good luck with the move & have fun in London ...lucky you
    x
    Melissah from Scrapbook

    ReplyDelete
  37. these products look great ! love the mascara :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. Estee Lauder Night Advanced Night Repair Serum BIG Yay from us too!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  39. wowww good look

    kiss u

    love,
    oana

    ReplyDelete
  40. i always love this kinda post, so nice to know what you think about each products. I kinda love Maybelline's mascara though yup it's somehow not that waterproof.. but my lashes never get lump using it. ^_^

    ReplyDelete

English, Deutsch and polski are welcome :-))